Beckley Preschool is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all
employees and children in their care.
We encourage all employees to follow the guidelines set out by (WHO) World
Health Organisation on infection control both at work and in their daily lives.
- Handwashing regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds. Hand
sanitisers are available at all times.
- Face masks are not an essential and are down to the individual member of
staff as to whether they want to wear one.
- Use your elbow to cover face when coughing/sneezing. When using a
tissue, this needs to be thrown away immediately and then wash your
- Avoid contact with anyone who has a new continuous cough, a high
temperature, loss or change of your normal sense of taste and smell.
Apply 2 metre distancing where possible, realising it cannot be
guaranteed with children of this age.
- Soft furnishings will be removed.
- Parents will be asked to leave the children with a member of staff at the
front door, or the gate by the front garden. We are unable to accept any
toys from home. We will be adapting our settling in policy to fit in with
this new outbreak.
- If your child comes in unwashed/dirty, we shall be asking the parent to
clean them up before allowing the child in.
- The same group of children and staff will remain together and
days/sessions will not be mixed.
- To ease with returning we are prioritising key worker parents, followed
by 3-4 school leavers, and then to the younger age groups. (this is subject
to change due to the government guidelines) Our numbers will be capped
to allow for social distancing.
- We ask parents to understand that due to these uncertain times that
their children are more likely to have their hours reduced at the setting.
We will do our best to offer what we can but we may be able to offer
what you want.
Please familiarise yourself with our ‘Dealing with Coronavirus in the workplace’ policy.